Welcome to the Transportation Department
The Transportation Team is dedicated to supporting the District’s mission by safely and efficiently transporting the students of Boone County Schools to over 25 locations while also supporting field trips, sporting events, extracurricular activities, vocational programs, and early college programs. We hire and self train highly-qualified employees and provide constant training and tools to ensure the overall safety of the District.
Our Vision is to support the education process by transporting students safely, securely, reliably and in a timely manner to and from school and school events. Our goal is to operate safe, dependable and cost-effective transportation services for our students. We want the student’s ride to be part of a positive educational experience.
Bus Stop Locator
Bus Stop Locator Link
Helpful Hint: Type in the numbers and the first few letters of your street
Student Transportation Forms
Formulario de Transporte Estudiantil en Espanol
Formulaire de Transport Etudiant en Francais
School Boundary Maps
Elementary School Map Middle School Map High School Map
Boone County Board of Education Policies: BOARD POLICY
Kentucky Department of Education Pupil Transportation Laws and Regulations: KDE LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Boone County Schools Student Code of Conduct: CODE OF CONDUCT
Kentucky School Bus STOP Law: BUS STOP LAW
KDE Pupil Transportation FAQ’s: KDE FAQ'S
We are required by the KDE to conduct four annual bus evacuations with students. Please visit the links below to familiarize yourself with some of the processes. Rear Door Evacuation (2:08) Special Education Bus Evacuation- In Under 1 1/2 Minutes (1:47) School Bus Procedure Video (17:23).
BUS ROUTE INFORMATION IS BEST REVIEWED TWO (2) WEEKS PRIOR TO THE START OF SCHOOL AND THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR. ROUTING AND BUS INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS ADDITIONS OR REMOVALS TO STUDENT RIDERSHIP AND BUS ASSIGNMENTS ARE ADJUSTED.
DUE TO KENTUCKY STATE LAW NO BUS PASSES/PARENT NOTES WILL BE ACCEPTED. STUDENTS MUST BE ON THE BUS ROSTER IN ORDER TO RECEIVE TRANSPORTATION.
- BUS STOP TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE; STUDENTS SHOULD ALWAYS ARRIVE AT THEIR DESIGNATED STOP AT LEAST 5 MINUTES IN ADVANCE AND BE VISIBLE TO THE DRIVER - Bus Stop Locator Link
• The transportation department travels over 2 MILLION miles a school year!
• We have over 250 CDL Class B school bus drivers on staff.
• We have 14 staff mechanics working in a ten bay garage who inspect the safety of each bus monthly according to KDE standards.
• We transport approximately 17,000 of the nearly 21,000 students of Boone County Schools along with four Parochial schools.
• We are the third largest school transportation department in the Commonwealth.
Email a Transportation team member by clicking on the appropriate team member's name below.
TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW